1 October 2014 - Dato’ Gan Ah Tee, MD of BDO Malaysia
Dato’ Gan Ah Tee ~ A Force To Be Reckoned With
YBhg Dato’ Gan Ah Tee is a man with a passion. Coming from a small town in the heart of Johor – or namely Sungai Mati, near Muar, helping out the family business even before sunrise, to where he is now, in the leading seat as the Regional Board Member responsible for BDO in ASEAN as well as the Managing Partner of BDO Malaysia, one of the World's 5th largest professional services network, Dato’s drive since his early age has seen him rise quickly to the top.
“Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it” is a phrase Dato’ repeats time and again.
Want to hear more about Dato’s success story? Mark your diary, 1 October 2014 @ 2pm where Dato’ will share his road to success and more.
Click HERE to register
1 October 2014 (2.00pm - 3.00pm)
More About BDO...
Dato’ Gan Ah Tee DNS, JP
Regional Board Member, BDO ASEAN
Managing Partner, BDO Malaysia
Dato’ Gan Ah Tee is the Managing Partner of BDO Malaysia and Regional Senior Partner for ASEAN for BDO. As the Senior Partner for BDO ASEAN, Dato’ Gan plays a key role to ensure that BDO network is strongly represented in ASEAN-10 to align with businesses’ regional ambitions and needs. Prior to Dato’ Gan’s appointments at BDO, he was the Managing Director of the Financial Advisory Services Department at KPMG Malaysia.
With over 30 years’ experience in auditing, accounting and financial advisory, Dato’ Gan specialises in corporate turnaround and financial restructuring of under- performing companies, and has extensive experience in the field of corporate finance and advisory assignments.
The current key positions held by Dato’ Gan include:
• Appointed by the Minister of Finance II in Malaysia to be a member of the Financial Reporting Foundation (FRF), a trustee body responsible for the oversight of the Malaysian Accounting Standard Board’s (MASB)
• Council and Executive Committee member of Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) & Chairman of its Insolvency Practice Committee
• Chairman for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) Malaysia City Group
• President of Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (IPAM)
• Member of the Insolvency Practice Committee and is on the Audit & Liquidator Licence Interview Panel Committee for the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA)
Dato’ Gan also leads the BDO Center of Excellence for GST which is one of the largest pool of GST professionals in Malaysia. Under his guidance, the team of dedicated personnel at BDO includes experts and experienced professionals with Australia and UK GST or VAT implementation exposure.
Because Relationships Matter
At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins - and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, ringgit or sen but about people working with, for, and in service of others.
As one of the five largest professional firms providing audit, advisory and tax services in Malaysia and managing BDO offices in Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos and Brunei; together with BDO’s over 1,264 offices across 144 countries employing more than 56,000 partners and staff throughout the world, we can most definitely walk the talk.
Case on the point? BDO remains as one of Malaysia’s 100 leading graduate employers and one of the most popular graduate employers in the Finance & Professional Services sector. BDO Malaysia is:
· ACCA Approved Employer for Trainee Development – Platinum Level
· Authorised Training Employer for the ICAEW ACA Programme
· Authorised Training Organisation for MICPA
· Recognised Employer Partner for CPA Australia
We have been reverenced with a range of awards as well. Key ones to shout about are:
• Malaysia’s Top 100 Graduate Employers for 6 years now
• Malaysia’s Top Accounting Firms
1 October 2014 (2.00pm - 3.00pm)