4 Nov 2015, Mats Nilsson, Managing Director, Volvo Malaysia
Post date: Oct 13, 2015 9:37:26 AM
Mats Nilsson, Managing Director, Volvo Malaysia
- President & Managing Director of Volvo Malaysia, with responsibility for Group Trucks Sales operations in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.
- 48 year old Swedish citizen, French wife, 3 children.
- Have grown up in Sweden, studied in Scotland and Spain and worked in France, Begium and Denmark. Based in Malaysia since 2013. Thus, this is my 7th “home country”.
- Have worked in various divisions of the Volvo Group – such as Volvo Buses, Volvo Trucks, Group Trucks Technology and Renault Trucks – for over 20 years with main focus on Strategic Planning, Purchasing, Sales and General Management.
- All of my career has been international, managing business, teams and operations in numerous countries and continents.
BACKGROUND VOLVO MALAYSIA SDN BHD
Volvo Malaysia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AB Volvo, Sweden. The Group supplies the haulage and transport industry with complete transportation solutions and its customers are supported by over 2,300 dealerships and workshops in more than 140 countries worldwide.
In Malaysia, the company operates under Volvo Malaysia, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Volvo Group. Headquartered and established in Shah Alam, Selangor, its operations in Malaysia started in 1969 and has since progressed in tandem with the growth of the country’s haulage and transport industry and our customers’ business operations.
Today, Volvo Malaysia consists of a number of different business areas selling buses, construction equipment, with truck products as an essential part.